The best way to e-mail H1B resume to H1B sponsers!
Tuesday, April 23, 2024
  | Home | How it works? | What is H1B? | What is TN? | Job seeker Log-in | Sponser Log-in |

H1B Information
What is H1B ?
The Temporary Professional Worker visas are available to individuals with a four year bachelor's degree from the U.S. or abroad seeking a professional position with a United States employer. Three years work experience for each year of university education missing would be deemed equivalent to a four-year bachelor's degree. 

The visa is available for a maximum of six years and also can lead to permanent residency. For a fiscal year, beginning October, there is a maximum of 65,000 H-1B visas issued. Exceptions from the quota for H-1Bs hired by institutions of higher learning, affiliated research organizations, nonprofit research organizations and governmental research organizations. This exception is estimated to account for between 6,000 and 10,000 H-1B visas per year.

Who can be a sponser?
Qualify as a U.S. Employer. The employer must have a U.S. taxpayer identification number. Foreign businesses not established in the U.S. cannot use this visa to bring employees into the country. 

Obtain an Approved Labor Condition Application. The employer must prepare and file a Labor Condition Application (LCA) with the Regional Office of the Department of Labor (DOL). The LCA is a form that must be carefully prepared and posted in two conspicuous places at the work site. The form requires the employer to describe the position and the salary. The LCA also requires the employer to attest to complex facts concerning the wage, working conditions, labor conditions and the giving of notice. 

File with U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS). Once the LCA is approved, the employer files a petition with the INS. The employer must document that the position requires the service of a person in a specialty occupation. This means a person who is working in a professional position and who has a minimum of bachelor's degree or its equivalent.

Copyright © 2012 by All rights reserved
Questions or comments: